Tuesday, July 6, 2010

FIR Reading Blog #3

Title: For One More Day, A book by Mitch Albom

Author: Mitch Albom

Date: July 6, 2010

Page nos. : 208 pages

Time alloted in reading: finished the book in 3 1/2 weeks

Summary

For One More Day talks of a man's struggle to survive his depressing life. This man is named Charles "Chick Benetto." The death of his mother, Pauline "Posey" Benetto, turned his life around and he decided one night to end it all by taking his own life after realizing he hit rock bottom and his life has fallen apart. He found himself between life and death when he encountered Posey at his hometown. Chick is saved by his mother by teaching him to forgive, love and best of all to never give up.

Insight

The book is quite inspirational. I will never forget about this book for many reasons. Family is one of the things tackled in the book opinions and reactions to some of the claims by Chick. I must say there is a mystery ingredient in this book that enthused me to read it thus, to find out what truly is going on with the story. It is engaging because the story is not presented in the typical chronological way that makes it even more captivating. Chick's childhood stories help modify and strengthen the situations in the present.

The book makes me reflect on my own life; on what I have done and achieved. I have always regretted reckless decisions I made for the last 5 years of my life. I know I cannot turn back time but I wish I could have made better decisions for myself. There was a time I felt depression, stress, and pressure. But despite all these, I carry on and see the good side of the bad side of things because life is short and I told myself, I never know when it may be too late to mend a flawed relationship with my family and God. I wanted to make sure that I don’t put off letting others know how important they are to me and lastly, if I could change the past, I would certainly do things differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment